Friday, June 22, 2012

My 3rd 30th

I recently celebrated the third anniversary of my 30th birthday. Confused? You need not worry. I will explain.

Three years ago, I decided that time was moving too fast. Questions were rushing around me like a tornado taking me to Oz. How is it possible that I am now considered middle aged? Where did it go? I felt like I went to sleep at 23 and woke up to a life that wasn't really mine. How did I get here? Who are these little people and why are they following me... and snickering? After making a mental journey down memory lane, I decided that I was going to stop growing up. After all, I'm not getting any taller! Delusional you say? Okay, I get it . I know.... Maybe. True I cannot stop time, but I don't have to celebrate it in traditional terms.

So for my 3rd 30th, I was awakened at 12 am with a Pull-Up to the face by my youngest child. We went to church that morning and spent the rest of the day relaxing at home...including cake and naps for everyone! I finally climbed into bed at 11:59pm and was able to count down to the end of my special day. Not very exciting you say? Well, I am middle aged after all. What did you expect, lollipops and emeralds?

No comments:

Post a Comment